It was good to see so many of you at the photocall this morning. Please keep sharing information with your family, friends and neighbours. There are many issues that affect the wider community – particularly relating to the impact on the Princess Royal Hospital. Encourage others to submit comments and concerns about increased traffic and demand for parking at the Hospital.
Impact on the hospital
- No assessment has been made as to the impact on the hospital of increased traffic coming and going through their site.
- There will be a significant impact on patients and visitor parking
- It is already a very busy site with a lot of traffic – routine and emergency vehicles.
- If large-scale events are held and everyone leaves at midnight, what impact will this have on A&E?
All traffic using the community hall will have to go through the Princess Royal Hospital – in and out (whether accessing it from the roundabout or via Colwell Road).
- The hospital is already very busy.
- People are wandering around trying to locate the buildings they require.
- Drivers try to find parking spaces.
- Ambulances are coming and going – with regular patients and emergencies for A&E.
- There are no footpaths on large stretches of the road
- Lighting is poor
- Visibility is limited
In addition to the car drivers using the community hall, pool and sports pitches throughout the day and into late evenings, there will be minibuses, coaches, taxis, delivery lorries and refuse lorries as well.
And then there’s all the construction traffic – the Town Council and Club have said that everything will have go through the hospital. It’s the only legal access.
Share your concerns with friends and family in the area. Ask them to comment on the planning application before Friday 21 April.